What to expect during a SLM treatment:
- I will leave the room as you disrobe down to your underpants and/or shorts
- You will lay face down on top of the sheet which is on top of the treatment table. I will knock before re-entering the room.
- Acupressure points applied that will be painful. YOU control the pain level. At least a 5 on a 1-10 scale of pain. Enough pain so that you can still relax the muscles being worked on.
- A small towel tucked in over your underpants and then pulled down a little to expose you gluteus muscles and to protect your underpants from the massage oil.
- Hot towels to be applied to the back side of your body, if necessary.
- A total body massage of the back of your body after the hot towels are removed
- A drape placed over you as you roll over on your back
- A body massage to the front of your body, keeping private areas covered.
What to expect after a SLM treatment:
1. It’s best to rest for at least 2 days after treatment. That means no exercise or long periods of standing.
2. You may be sore for a couple of days after treatment and this is best handled with hot baths or heat packs.
3. Don’t get any other form of therapy or bodywork for at least 2 days after treatment or on the day before your SLM treatment.
4. Try to cut back on sugar and acid foods (especially alcohol) during the weeks you are getting treatments, especially a couple of days before a treatment.
5. Don’t do hard exercise 2 days before the next treatment unless you are very use to it.
6. Try to think about posture all the time, analyzing the way you are sitting and standing to be sure you are balanced especially for the first 2 days after treatment.
7. Drinking lots of water after the treatment will help your body normalize.